Today Carmina Wood Morris (CWM) celebrates our 16th year of designing & restoring Buffalo! We want to sincerely thank our entire team and amazing clients for helping us do what we love for so long! Sixteen truly couldn't be any sweeter.
A leader in local historic preservation efforts, we have spearheaded the restoration of numerous buildings throughout the city of Buffalo, with several projects currently in progress. We are a full-service firm that also specializes in distinctive residential, adaptive re-use, commercial, health care, corporate, and education designs, with licenses to practice in the states of New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and South Carolina. CWM is also LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified by the U.S. Green Building Council, and we also create handicapped-accessible structures for numerous projects.
Our firm had an especially eventful year in 2016, with many celebrations and announcements:
• We reached a milestone anniversary, celebrating fifteen years as a firm.
• CWM promoted Michael R. Bray, AIA to partner!
• Completed the renovation of the Phoenix Brewery into loft apartments, which was then recognized as Buffalo Spree’s “Best Preservation Project in WNY 2016.”
• Our work on the Lafayette Avenue Presbyterian Church (LAPC) Lofts was featured in a National Trust For Historic Preservation editorial. That project also won “Outstanding Project” in the 2016 Preservation Buffalo Niagara Preservation Awards!
• Completed the construction of the Salvatore’s new boutique hotel, The Delavan.
• CWM was honored as a Buffalo Business First “Best Places To Work.”
• Promoted Paul Lang, AIA to an Associate!
• Hired four new employees, and two interns.
• Completed the redevelopment of the Bosche Lofts at 916-918 Main Street, Buffalo.
• Partner Jon Morris was honored as a Business First C-Level Executive, which recognizes WNY’s most effective business leaders.
• We completed the renovation of the sixth floor of our office in downtown Buffalo, and began work on the fifth floor reception area.
The principals of CWM: Steven J. Carmina, AIA; R. Christopher Wood, PE; Jonathan H. Morris, AIA; Pamela Timby-Straitiff, CID IIDA; and Michael R. Bray, AIA; credit the success of their firm to the attention to detail, aesthetics, and service given to each project and client. They are a dynamic team collaborating to achieve innovative solutions, grounded in core values, respected in their profession and community. Again, thank you for these sixteen years. Cheers to sixteen more!