In 1916, the Turner Construction Company completed construction of this reinforced concrete and brick faced building, originally designed by local architects Wood and Bradney for the Robertson-Cataract Electric Company. The building is located on the corner of South Elmwood Avenue and West Mohawk Street in Buffalo, Erie County, New York. A private development team purchased the building and hired CWM to aid in initiating a complete reconstruction and restoration effort per the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation. This project was partially financed with Historic Preservation and New Markets Tax Credits. The completed project offers 26 loft apartments on the upper floors and tenant space on the first floor. The roof areas contain private patios accessed by the lofts, and the basement of the building was transformed into underground parking for the residents.
Black & White photograph courtesy of the Buffalo & Erie County Historical Society.
Photos Copyright 2011 James Cavanaugh